This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in Lismore TableTop Gamers to help us create a safe and positive experiences for everyone.
The primary goal of Lismore TableTop Gamers is to create an inclusive gaming space for all gamers. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all those who participate in Lismore TableTop Gamers to help us create a safe and positive experiences for everyone.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Community members are also expected to respect the property of other members including their board games, tokens, cards and gaming accessories.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, age, regional discrimination, political or religious affiliation.Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them and stop after a request to stop.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take action.
Responses may include:
- Doing nothing if we determine no violation has occurred
- A private or public reprimand / warning of violating the code of conduct
- A request for an apology, private or public
- A temporary or permanent ban from our community events (and without refund in the case of a paid event)
- A temporary or permanent ban from the location/venue.
- Reporting to law enforcement or other appropriate authority.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a management committee member as soon as possible. You can report inappropriate behavior you witnessed or experienced to any member of the Management Committee. All reports will be handled with discretion.
When notifying management please include your contact infvolved and if there were any additional witnesses. Tell us your account of what occurred, if you believe the incident is ongoing and any additional information that may help.
After notifying a committee member, they will review the incident, with another committee member if possible, follow up with any additional questions and make a decision as to how to respond. If the person who is harassing you is a member of management they will not handle your incidormation, the names of those inent.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify a member of the Management Committee with a concise description of your grievance. The Management Committee will review the grievance and notify the reporter of a resolution.
We expect all community participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to association business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of association activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of association members.